Monday, June 19, 2017

The Garden

I was very hesitant to plant my flowers and vegetables too early this year.  My instincts were right.  We had a hard frost the third week in May.  The leaves on my grape vine were hit and destroyed.  Luckily plants are pretty resilient and the grape vine is filled with leaves and developing grape clusters.  My plants are looking very good.  Here are a few snaps of my garden.
Pumpkins for the fall
Cherry and grape tomatoes

Potatoes
These are just a few vegetables that I planted this year.  I will share my flowers as well as more vegetables and herbs in a future post.  My family has always had a garden and my mom processed 1000 jars of food for the winter.  Late July and August was filled with canning.  My family also planted acres of potatoes to sell in the fall.  As a toddler, I remember being in the fields for harvest.  I am sure I was more trouble than help.  Now I plant a potato to bring good fortunate to my small garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment